Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
We are looking for an Info Systems Architect - Network in Pearl Harbor, HI.
The person who fills this position will be expected to perform the following Overall Responsibilities:
· Architect custom solutions of project and program or operational scope.
· Architect reusable solutions of project or operational scope.
· Customize reusable solutions of project and program or operational scope.
· Capture and share architectural IP at the project and program level.
· Oversee the implementation and governance of architectures of project and program or operational scope.
· Contribute to the Architect profession worldwide and across company businesses.
· Develop for client technically feasible long-term Information Technology (IT) strategies and plans
· Assess business impact of specific technologies/strategies
· Identify and address technical or operational risks
· Provide review/input on project activities for medium to large business unit level projects
· Collaborates with the project manager to develop detailed project plans and work breakdown structures for medium to large business unit level projects.
· Develop and deliver sales presentations at Chief Executive Officer (CEO)/Executive Staff/Core I/O Only (CIO) levels for medium to large opportunities (R) Leads large projects within a business unit and contributes to cross business unit projects. Works with Vice President (VP) level executives and their direct reports. Contributes to industry wide external events and multivendor projects. Has tactical influence.
The ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following Requirements:
- ·In-depth knowledge of BGP, OSPF, EIGRP and other routing protocols, particularly standards-based.
- ·Must be able to integrate multiple routing protocols (i.e. route redistribution)
- ·Understanding of TCP protocols and OSI layers
- ·Comprehensive knowledge of Routers and Switches, Installing and Troubleshooting
- ·Experience using Network Management tools Review and evaluate various testing reports, such as ACAS, and effectively mitigate reported vulnerabilities and help assess risks.
- Advanced knowledge of QOS, IPSEC, GRE
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum 10 years related IT experience
- 8570 Certified- minimum of IAT L II (ie Sec + CE)
- DoD Secret Clearance Required
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
· Ability to lead a team of two or more consultants in the completion of one or more architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables.
· Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level Information Technology (IT) based solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
· Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium sized projects concurrently. For larger engagements, a single active project is reasonable.
· Understands and applies information system or operational solution related modeling methods and tools.
· Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications
· Familiar with multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF, Information Technology (IT) service Management, (ITSM)…)
· Applies appropriate methodologies and Subject Matter Expert (SME) knowledge to resolve complex business issues. Business Acumen:
· Identifies risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution based on similar efforts done with other customers.
· Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into specific technology or operational recommendations.
· Ability to apply business management and financial concepts, capital investment, financial modeling, and general aspects of business contracts. Use this knowledge to analyze business needs and develop meaningful system or operational recommendations.
· Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers. Technical:
· Deep IT industry knowledge in specific areas.
· Understands future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business requirements ("trusted advisor" role).
· Deep knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices in specific areas and how to apply them appropriately in solutions
· Expert or Master level of knowledge of specific technologies, IT operations, or IT disciplines
· Able to design planning for accessibility, scalability, and availability Engagement Delivery:
· Ability to write Statements of Work for medium to large business unit level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
· Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for medium to large business unit level projects.
· Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization). Opportunity Pursuit :
· Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for medium to large opportunities.
· Lead in identifying, qualifying, and closing medium to large opportunities
· Position company offering against the competition
· Be able to provide company with voice of the account
· Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for medium to large opportunities
· Manage internal reviews and contribute to Solution Opportunity Approval and Review (SOAR) process for medium to large opportunities
· Build rapport and trust with client
· Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills. Leadership
· Collaborates effectively with the project manager to manage regional medium to large projects as necessary. For architectures of project scope may include the technical management of customer staff assigned to implementation team.
· Plays a leading role in the Architect profession at the local level.
· Makes consistent and ongoing contributions (at least 2 per year) to company knowledge systems.
· Make formal recommendations to customers to improve the level of job satisfaction for other company employees working on the project.
· Can contribute in the development of new company services and modifications to the methodology.
· Assists in development and delivery of training.
· Coaches and mentors Specialist level architects
· Participates in defining company unit's processes, standards, and policies Consulting:
· Build and manage long term strategic relationships at Business Unit leader and Core I/O Only (CIO), Configure to Order (w/0D1) (CTO) level.
· Good customer influence and negotiation skills.
· Ability to tactically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
· Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
· Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
· Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms. Communication:
· Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's senior level management.
· Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
· Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates a mix of Strategic information and Tactical information.
· Excellent speaking and writing skills.