Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categoriesResponsibilities:
The Systems Engineering and Integration for the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence program delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the missions of its customer. This program is chartered to provide technical leadership for many of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s (NGA’s) highest priorities and projects.
The National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG) Requirements Engineering Skill Center (RESC) leads efforts to capture users’ needs by performing requirements elicitation directly with users, decomposition of requirements, performing deep dive analysis of requirements to identify gaps and areas of redundancy and provide thought leadership to requirements processes and the baseline. As part of these efforts, the Requirements Engineer ensures traceability while continuously seeking opportunities for cost reduction.
To be successful in this role, the Requirements Engineer must be able to perform the following:
- Facilitate sometimes large meetings with the goal of reaching common understanding and consensus from an array of viewpoints
- Understand and articulate strategic level requirements and understand the implications for implementation level requirements
- Leverage the As-Is and To-Be architecture for requirements analysis
- Communicate and document both strategic and implementation level criteria/requirements to an array of audiences that may have different levels of understanding
The RESC team performs enterprise level requirements analysis for many different efforts across the agency. These efforts include technical analysis of the request to provide recommendations for fulfillment of the request and on occasion require working with customers to define a request in further detail. Duties of this Requirements Engineer include:
- Developing clear, consistent, testable acceptance criteria and requirements, with proper traceability
- Application of strategic thinking to elicitation and decomposition of epics and requirement “shall” statements.
- Perform deep dive analysis of requirements to map requirements to the IC JARM to identify and report opportunities for reuse, prioritization of deliveries and retirements.
- Internal and external customer coordination to elicit, define and capture strategic enterprise and system-level capabilities/requirements to satisfy a variety of mission objectives
- Build consensus for requirements by leading internal and external customers in TEMs.
- Perform end-to-end analysis to determine which requirements may already be satisfied by existing systems and which requirements need to be allocated to new or existing systems
- Work with both agile teams to develop epics and waterfall legacy/heritage programs using traditional requirement “shall” statements
- Establish and maintain enterprise baseline integrity in conjunction with Configuration Management
- Manage criteria/requirements, epics, features and user stories within JIRA, Confluence, DOORS NextGen and NCMS DOORS.
- TS/SCI Clearance (with a current SSBI favorably adjudicated within the last 5 years)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Math, Engineering or related technical experience
- 11+ years system engineering or system development experience or equivalent experience/combined education
- Systems Engineering and Integration experience working with NSG/NGA or GEOINT Mission Partner systems/segments
- Experience applying system engineering processes to complex systems or enterprises
- Experience with elicitation of enterprise and solution requirements
- Strong customer service mindset
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Very strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Knowledgeable about Infrastructure Development, IC Cloud Computing Initiatives and tenets of Cloud Computing
- Experience with Agile development; Scaled Agile Framework SAFe Agilist (SA) certification and/or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the NGA organization and programs
- Working knowledge of the NSG and NGA Acquisition Processes
- Working knowledge of NGA IT Infrastructure Requirements (ITIRD)
- Experience in development and use of requirements taxonomy
- Previous Technical or Document POC experience for CM controlled items
- RFC Authorship Experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, Confluence, JIRA and DOORS/DOORS Next Generation
- Basic understanding of the synergy between architecture and requirements
- Advanced degree in a technical field
- INCOSE SE&I certification
- Familiarity with NGA leadership and organization
- Project/Task Leadership skills and experience
- Familiarity of Model Based Systems Engineering
- Working knowledge of the IC JARM