Civilian, State and Local
Perspecta’s Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services.Responsibilities
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves•to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways•not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce•14,000 strong'stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact togethe
Advises customer on alternative solutions/methods/approaches in solving project and business challenges. Represents Perspecta to the client in matters of capabilities, solutions, best practices and reputation. Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services. Defines project scope and objectives. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Performs all functional duties independently. Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s). Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.Qualifications
• A minimum of ten (10) years• experience in project management or related field, preferably in the area of software application development and/or related ;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred;
• Able to interact with the client organization at multiple levels
• Able to discuss technical issues with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Broad knowledge of project management disciplines as outlined in the Project Management Body of Knowledge;
• Extensive experience with managing software application development projects of various sizes, including client interaction and meeting facilitation;
• Extensive experience defining project scope, developing work plans and project schedules, preparing project estimates, developing resource plans, and compiling project status reports;
• Extensive experience managing heterogeneous project teams composed of resources from multiple vendors/organizations;
• Extensive experience reviewing software documentation such as requirements specifications, design documents, manuals, test plans/cases, test scripts and test reports;
• Must possess Excellent Oral and Written Communications;
• Able to obtain Postal clearance;
• Hours of support: The standard work week for contract staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day preferable Monday through Friday.
• Contract staff may be required to travel to support business efforts.About Perspecta
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Please be aware of recruitment fraud and third parties misrepresenting themselves as Perspecta recruiting and other members of our management team. Perspecta does not request personal information outside of the online application at careers.perspecta.com or perspecta.com/careers, nor will Perspecta ever request payment or banking-related information, or advance money as part of the hiring process. Perspecta applicants chosen to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted by a Perspecta talent acquisition representative, and only from an “@perspecta.com” email extension and not via personal email providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. or any chatting apps. If you believe you have been sent fraudulent correspondence please go to: https://www.ic3.gov.