Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We are a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let us make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate need for a Technical Editor
– inRaleigh, NC, St. Louis, MO, San Mateo, CA, Wilkes Barre, PA, Eagan, MI.
- Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, specifications, special reports, and any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Ensures technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and USPS specifications and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations.
- Performs graphics design; plans, lays out and illustrates technical or scientific materials in black and white or color. Interfaces with users to determine scope of project and best graphic medium.
- Executes graphic projects and coordinates and schedules production.
- Performs production or coordinates production with outside vendors as needed. Operates and sets up computer graphic systems.
- Familiar with commonly-used art media and commercially available graphics packages. Performs all functional duties independently.
- Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s).
- Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years experience in technical writing, preferably in a software-related field.
- Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program.
- Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job.
- Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel.
- Extensive experience researching, writing, editing and proofreading technical data for use in technical documentation such as manuals, procedures, specifications, design documentation, and special reports.
- Extensive experience with enterprise-level standards for documentation quality, graphics, coverage, format and style and ensuring deliverables comply with such standards.
- Able to provide valuable assistance in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations.
- Extensive experience with graphics design, including layout and illustrations in black and white and color.
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used art media and commercially available graphics packages, and capable of operating and setting up more than one computer graphics systems.
- Extensive experience collaborating with users to complete documentation and/or graphics projects, including coordination of production internally or externally.
- Excellent written communication skills.
This position requires United States Citizenship, or a valid Green Card/ have lived in the US for the past 5 years and eligibility to apply for/obtain a Postal Clearance.
For more information, visit www.perspecta.com.
Perspecta is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you.
EEO Tagline: Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories