• Oversees the day-to-day health of the enterprise and customer VoIP infrastructure, with a focus on assuring stability, capacity and organizational productivity. The network is a converged IP network carrying data, voice and video.
• Addresses and resolves complex technical problems relating to the installation, upgrade, and daily operation of local and regionally distributed VoIP network infrastructure.
• Maintain the existing Cisco VoIP environment consisting of Skype for business & Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) and various model Cisco & Polycom phones.
• Interfaces with customers, vendors, and other technical staff to analyze business and technical requirements relating to Perspecta as well as customer network and systems infrastructure.
• Works closely with the network engineering Director to establish and deliver consistent technical direction, collect and analyze VoIP performance metrics, establish and enforce service level agreements.
• Documents engineering standards and proposals, leads or assists in the development of VoIP architecture/engineering designs, changes, and configuration management.
• Assist in evaluating current and emerging network and VoIP technologies, conducts technical assessments, and makes recommendations to Information Technology director and customers.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills in addition to the ability to effectively manage and prioritize individual projects and tasks. Possess superior written and oral communication skills.
• Solid vendor management skills (circuit installation/troubleshooting, product/circuit procurement) are required.
This position is expected to have the equivalent skills of Cisco CCIE Collaboration, or CCNP Collaboration with a minimum of 8 years of experience. This position must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, collaborative environment, with strong troubleshooting and analytical skills, strong critical thinking, complex problem solving, appropriate judgment, and decision-making skills. The position requires effective written and verbal communications skills, and proven experience with managing and using Dev Ops concepts. Current staffing provides for one individual on shift at all times for this function.
• Bachelors Degree and 8 years of analysis related to design, development, and integration of hardware and software to support large scale UC environments
• 5+ years of experience with delivering VoIP and working in enterprise UC environment
• Expert knowledge and experience of UC solutions from the vendors Microsoft, ConnectedSign, Polycom, Cisco, vBrick and Avaya
• 5+ years of experience operating, maintaining, optimizing, and troubleshooting the following UC solutions in an fast paced enterprise environment: Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Expressways, Cisco WebEx, Polycom RMX Bridge, Polycom DMA, Polycom Resource Manager, Cisco Telepresence Management Suite, Cisco Meeting Server, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Avaya video phones, Avaya Communicator, vBrick Media-Streaming systems, and Microsoft Skype
• Skillset equivalent to Cisco CCNP Collaboration or higher certification
• Working experience with integrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting UC voice, video, IM, presence, and call center solutions in complex networks
• Overcoming challenges of IP Telephony and Collaboration Applications
• Experience with Agile/DevOps processes
• Experience with working in an ITIL framework to deliver enterprise services
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Please be aware of recruitment fraud and third parties misrepresenting themselves as Perspecta recruiting and other members of our management team. Perspecta does not request personal information outside of the online application at careers.perspecta.com or perspecta.com/careers, nor will Perspecta ever request payment or banking-related information, or advance money as part of the hiring process. Perspecta applicants chosen to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted by a Perspecta talent acquisition representative, and only from an “@perspecta.com” email extension and not via personal email providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. or any chatting apps. If you believe you have been sent fraudulent correspondence please go to: https://www.ic3.gov.